Friday, January 16, 2009

Do Over??

So, this morning was one of those mornings. It started out with my alarm clock going off at 6:00am, and me hitting snooze until 7:30am. I put a pot of coffee on and rushed to get myself ready. I managed to find clean clothes, brush my hair and teeth and even put on a little makeup. I was on track, until it was time to make my coffee and head off to work. I pour the coffee, half of which I pour onto the counter. Awesome. I wipe it up quickly, b/c I have to be to work in 10 minutes, and it takes about about 20 minutes to get to work. I open the fridge and pull out the last of my milk. It's not quite enough, so I pull out the new carton of milk, only to discover that the carton was punctured somehow on the bottom, and there is now milk all over my refrigerator, floor, counter, etc. I decide to pour the milk into the empty carton, so I don't have to dump all of it out. I wipe the milk up, and as I go to rinse the sponge off, I catch my coat sleeve on the faucet and water pours into my coat. And cool. So now, it's approximately 8:30 (I'm supposed to be at work now), I have half the coffee I wanted to drink, half the milk I had originally purchased, a wet left coat sleeve/shirt sleeve/cold arm b/c it's only 11 degrees outside.

All that to say, sometimes I wish you could shout out, "DO OVER!" and the day would begin again. Wouldn't that be nice?

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Hilarious! I can picture ALL of this. Sorry, I'd give you a do-over if I could. :)

Tipp said...

Oh Liz. At least your day ended better! :)