Wednesday, July 30, 2008

You Look Tired Today...

This is an older post from my myspace page. I thought I'd throw it on here for kicks. Enjoy!!!

It's my least favorite comment. "You look tired today". What exactly are people thinking when they say this to someone? My, you are so stunning when you look like a zombie. Gosh, your puffy eyes and splotchy skin really enhance your natural beauty! Now, I know there needs to be grace, because it's not that people intend to insult you. It's simply that they are honest and say the first thing they think of. So, I'm at work and a co-worker says, "Wow, you look really tired today!" I say,
"Thanks, that's good to know". He immediately inserts his foot into his mouth. However another co-worker chimes in, only to make it worse.

Co-worker 2 "No, he just means that your eyes look really puffy. Maybe it's allergies."

Co-worker 1 "Yeah, or did you not get much sleep lastnight?"

Me "Word of advice: Never, ever tell a woman she looks tired…ever"

Co-worker 1 "What's the big deal, my eyes look swollen all the time"

Me "Well, let's put it this way…if you ever wonder why your wife isn't speaking to you, there's a chance you said 'You look tired' to her at some point in the conversation"

End Scene.

So, clearly, I must have been tired on this day. Ha ha! Anyways, if anyone tells you that you look tired, simply respond, "I haven't gotten my botox yet this week" and brush it off. Try not to take it too personally :)

No comments: