Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Short post to promise a longer post. Plus pictures.

I am working on a post. It's about beauty and image, and it's a response to Hilary's post about the sins of the nation on her other blog, AltChristian. Considering that I usually only have about 10 minutes here and there right now to really type things, it is taking a while. This is my "fluff blog" for the time in between. It's coming! I promise!

So this morning Miles is into strawberries a little more than normal. They are his third favorite food, after blueberries and hummus. So I had sliced him a bunch of fresh strawberries and put them in a bowl in the living room where I was temporarily encamped to nurse Søren. Miles wandered into the next room, ostensibly to get some more cars to drive on the coffee table. However, it got quiet. Any mom or nanny knows that getting quiet means getting into something--the quiet is caused by concentration. Then I heard, from the kitchen, "One wah-nieu." (Wah-nieu = strawberry). "One wah-nieu." Hmm. So Søren and I wander into the kitchen to find Miles standing on the step stool, pulling strawberries out of the carton and eating one bite out of each and then putting the once-bitten strawberries on the counter. Adorable. Photos:


3 comments:

Danielle said...

From a former nanny to a current mommy- I saw ads on the Bumbo (I saw you had Soren in one) and they showed babies and their ability to get out of the Bumbo and fall. So here is my 'panic mode' comment to you....Baby Soren in the Bumbo on the table=a panic-stricken Auntie Danielley :)
LOVE YOU!

Rhiannon said...

D-

Don't worry, Miles already fell out of the Bumbo off the table and so we already learned that lesson. But Søren isn't usually in the Bumbo unless he has to poop (true story!) so in that case, he's not going to fall out. But i love your face anyway.

R

Hilary said...

I love Miles' food choices!! Hummus and strawberries?!?! Honestly Rhi, you are my hero. Who would've thought you could get a kid to love anything besides a happy meal these days? :) He is precious.