Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lessons Learned

Hello friends,
This excerpt is from a previous post that I did on my personal blog. It is simply a musing on relationships, and some of the ways that we can make things harder on ourselves than necessary. Also, as an update to my previous post here, I would like to announce that my cynicism has truly improved, and I am beginning to feel much more positive in my passions than negative. I think this will be an ongoing process, but thank you to those who helped me see that it's all about how you channel your passions. I must give some props to the Lord as well, for softening my heart and helping me see more clearly through eyes of love.

So here goes:
If you have a problem with someone, specifically a loved one or friend, talk to them about it. I know, this sounds simple, but when is the last time you actually got your gander up and just said what you were feeling? I had a very good conversation with a very close friend this weekend, and we basically laid it all out on the table. As hard and uncomfortable as it was, we both extended some serious grace to each other, and at the end it felt so much better. To think I had been holding things in and torturing myself for so long, just for the sake of "keeping peace" is ridiculous. That is not a true intimate relationship. And in the end, we both learned important things about our character that we can improve on. I'm also thinking about how often I do that with God, because I think that he isn't concerned with my oh-so-human feelings and petty frustrations. But I'm starting to realize that just as with friends and family, you HAVE to let God know how you're feeling too. He would rather you be screaming at Him than ignoring Him altogether. He can work with screaming.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

1. This blog is amazing!
2. The whole screaming at God thing is true. This summer I realized that I was mad about my grandma's cancer and my spiritual life has been in the crapper lately. I'm looking for a new church in the town where I go to school and I got an invite to a Bible study with some really great girls (yay!) so hopefully things will be looking up spiritually! =)